Yield: 1 (10-inch) cheesecake
2½ cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
1¼ cups sugar, divided
½ cup butter, melted
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons bourbon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
Garnish: white chocolate curls
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Line bottom with a parchment round, and spray again; set aside. Wrap bottom of pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, being sure to leave no open spaces. (This will prevent water from seeping into pan.) Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, ¼ cup sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese at high speed with an electric mixer until smooth, approximately 4 minutes. Add remaining 1 cup sugar; beat until creamy, approximately 2 minutes. Add sour cream, beating to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add bourbon, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Pour batter into prepared crust. Set springform pan in a large roasting pan, and place roasting pan in oven. Add water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let cool for 1 hour. Carefully remove from water bath, and let cool at room temperature for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight before serving.
5. Gently run a knife around cake to loosen side, if necessary. Remove side and bottom of springform pan and parchment. Garnish with white chocolate curls. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.