Yield: 6 servings
6 slices bacon, cut into thirds
18 large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails left on)
¼ cup unsulfured molasses
1½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
6 cups mixed lettuces
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
½ cup pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place an ovenproof cooling rack inside prepared baking sheet; set aside.
2. Wrap each shrimp in 1 piece bacon, securing with a toothpick. Place on prepared rack.
3. Bake until bacon is cooked through, approximately 10 minutes. Brush cooked shrimp evenly with molasses. Sprinkle evenly with Cajun seasoning; set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
5. In a large bowl, place mixed lettuces. Pour dressing over greens, tossing gently to coat.
6. To serve, place desired amount of greens on each plate. Sprinkle with blue cheese and pecans. Top with 3 shrimp. Serve immediately.