Yield: 8 to 10 servings
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup diced yellow onion
1 cup diced celery
1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups frozen sliced okra
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
½ pound peeled and deveined shrimp
½ pound crabmeat
1. Spray a 13-x-9-x-2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and celery. Cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Add rice and broth to pot, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Cover and cook until rice is done, approximately 20 minutes.
5. Add okra and tomatoes, stirring to combine. Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add sausage, shrimp, and crabmeat, stirring to combine. Cook until shrimp are pink, 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Spoon into prepared baking dish.*
8. Preheat oven to 350°.
9. Cover and bake until heated through,1 hour.
*If you’re making this dish ahead, cover it and freeze it at this point. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before baking.