Yield: 6 to 8 servings
3 pounds assorted fingerling potatoes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons salt, divided
1½ teaspoons ground black pepper
6 ounces triple-cream or brie cheese, softened
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Garnish: parsley and red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet. Add olive oil, 1½ teaspoons salt, and pepper, tossing to coat evenly.
3. Bake until potatoes are fork tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
4. In the work bowl of a food processor, combine cheese, butter, chives, parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Pulse until mixture is well combined.
5. Transfer potatoes to a serving dish, and top with cheese mixture. Garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired.