Yield: approximately 31⁄2 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups finely grated carrot
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in oats and carrot. Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake until lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cookies cool on pan for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
6. In a small bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and sour cream, stirring well to combine. Drizzle on cookies. Let stand until dry, approximately 1 hour.