Yield: approximately 8 servings
1(8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
1¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
½ cup sour cream
1 teaspoon caramel extract
2¼ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10½-inch square cast-iron skillet with baking spray with flour. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy, approximately 3 minutes. Add brown sugar, and beat until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a small bowl, combine bananas, sour cream, and extract, whisking to combine. Add banana mixture to butter mixture, beating to combine.
4. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. In a small bowl, combine walnuts and sugar. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle nut mixture over batter.
5. Bake until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.