Yield: 8 to 10 servings
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
5 large eggs
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 loaves French bread, crusts removed and bread cut into ½-inch cubes
½ cup raisins
1 recipe Jack Daniels Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly grease a 3-quart glass or ceramic baking dish; set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar by hand with a spoon. Add eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.
4. Add half of bread cubes to bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer. As bread begins to break up, add more bread to bowl until mixture becomes like a damp (but not too wet) mush. Add raisins. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 30 minutes.
6. Serve warm with Jack Daniels Sauce.