These Coconut-Pecan Pie Wedges are as delicious as they are cute. To make this pie in a regular 9-inch pie plate, skip cutting the dough in step 2.
Coconut-Pecan Pie Wedges
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- ½ (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts (1 sheet)
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll pie dough into a 12-inch circle. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into 8 even triangles. Press triangles into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch cast-iron wedge pan. Crimp edges as desired.
- In a medium bowl, stir together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon until combined. Stir in pecans and coconut. Divide batter evenly among wedges.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and centers are set, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool in pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/