Super-easy Chocolate Butterscotch Crispy Bars: all your favorite flavors in one bar!
Chocolate-Butterscotch Crispy Bars
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 11⁄4 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 (12-ounce) package butterscotch morsels
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, stir together honey and sugar over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil; remove from heat. Add peanut butter, stirring until combined. Add cereal, stirring until evenly coated (mixture will be thick). Press cereal mixture into prepared pan.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate and butterscotch morsels. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Spread chocolate mixture in an even layer over cereal mixture. Top with peanuts. Let cool until chocolate hardens; cut into squares. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/