Grab some pulled pork from your favorite barbecue joint to make these stuffed corn muffins come together in no time.
Barbecue Pork Stuffed Corn Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Write a review
- 1 cup stone-ground white or yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canned cream-style corn
- 3⁄4 cup whole buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup prepared pulled pork
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, plus additional to serve
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place a 12-cup cast-iron muffin pan in oven to preheat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. In another medium bowl, stir together corn, buttermilk, melted butter, and egg. Gradually add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. In a small bowl, stir together pulled pork and barbecue sauce until combined.
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven; spray with cooking spray. Place 1 tablespoon batter in bottom of each muffin cup (batter should sizzle in hot pan). Place 1 tablespoon pork mixture in center of each batter-filled cup. Top each with another 1 tablespoon batter.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 18 minutes. Quickly and carefully remove muffins from pan. Place on a wire rack, and let cool slightly. Serve warm with barbecue sauce, if desired.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/