Serve this sweet Apple Crisp with your favorite vanilla ice cream.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Write a review
- 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 3 1⁄2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted
- Garnish: vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, 1⁄4 cup water, and lemon juice, tossing to coat. Place apple mixture in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add melted butter, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened and mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake until lightly browned and crisp, 45 to 55 minutes. Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/