The perfect harmony of sweet and savory flavors, these Apple-Cheddar Pie Wedges make a cozy dessert.
Apple-Cheddar Pie Wedges
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts (2 sheets), divided
- 2 cups peeled and thinly sliced Pink Lady apple (about 11⁄2 apples)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 11⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter,
- cut into 8 equal pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch cast-iron wedge pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 piecrust into a 12-inch circle. Cut piecrust into 8 equal triangles. Press 1 triangle into bottom and up sides of each well in prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together apple, 1⁄2 cup cheese, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Divide apple mixture evenly among wells; top each with 1 piece of butter.
- On a lightly floured surface, cut remaining piecrust into 8 equal triangles. Top wells with remaining triangles, pressing edges to seal. Crimp as desired. Using a sharp knife, pierce top of each well 3 times. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1⁄4 cup cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, approximately 30 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Taste of the South http://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/